Information regarding the Proposed Colebrook Academy and CTE Center

February, 2023

 

Welcome and thank you for visiting the proposed NEW Colebrook Academy and North Point Career and Technical Education Center Building Project web page.  We will keep this section up to date with the latest renderings, information, and historical data.  The proposed school contains four pillars:

  • Meets student academic, career and technical education needs

  • Creates a safe environment

  • Ensures the new building is sustainable

  • Invests in the future of our students and community

I am pleased to announce that the School District of Colebrook has been awarded state building aid! The amount of this aid is 60% of the total cost or $9.85 million. The remaining 40% of the cost will be borrowed through a bond and paid back over a 15 year period. The cost to taxpayers, is $6.5 million dollars.

This is the same amount that the taxpayers paid for the construction of the Colebrook Elementary School in 2000.

 

We continue to investigate grant opportunities to further reduce the cost to taxpayers. Upon approval of the bond and project, we will apply for additional grants beyond the $9.85 million from the state building grant.

 

Our Public Hearing for the School Bond will be held on Tuesday, February 7 at 6:00 pm. Please attend to learn more about the Phase II project.

 

Our work to date outlined in the links below. Visit this site often as we will post regular updates of interest to our community.

 

Remember, to vote MARCH 7, 2023!

 

Sincerely, 

Dr. Debra Taylor

Superintendent

School Administrative Unit # 7